A material study created 100% procedurally in Substance Designer. Rendered with Marmoset Toolbag.
Almost 2 weeks (or three?) in the making and survived some late-night struggles with the graphs, but I'm finally happy with how this turned out.
Thanks to my wife and my sister for their constructive critique.
Also a huge thanks to these artists for their tips and advice:
- Gil Cornut (https://www.artstation.com/gilcornut)
- Wes McDermott (https://www.artstation.com/wesmcdermott)
- Nikola Damjanov (https://www.artstation.com/nikoladamjanov)
- Mateusz Wielgus (https://www.artstation.com/mateusz_wielgus)
- Luc Chamerlat (https://www.artstation.com/chamerlat)
- Sergey Isaev (https://www.artstation.com/sergey_isaev)
High five to Gabriel Ion for sending me that final reference that I finally ended up utilizing a lot. :)